Applications open: 2019 Bundanon Trust Artist-in-Residence
Applications for the 2019 Bundanon Trust artist residency are now open.
The Bundanon Trust Artist-in-Residence program is open to arts professionals from Australia and overseas, working in all disciplines. This includes artists, writers, performers, producers, directors, composers, curators and educators. Residencies can be for research and development or for the creation of new work. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists are encouraged to apply.
Bundanon residencies are highly prized with a limited number of opportunities available per year. Each year we receive hundreds of applications, and the current success rate is approximately 35%.
All applications will be assessed against the following weighted criteria:
- Artistic standing of applicant and artistic merit of the proposal (60%)
- Benefit of the residency for the applicant's professional development, or for the successful realisation of the proposed project (40%)
Applications are assessed with the advice of industry peers. In making the final decision, the following factors are also taken into account:
- artform spread
- geographical spread
- cultural diversity
- access for artists with disabilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage of applicants
- balance of emerging and established artists and companies
- balance between artists new to Bundanon and artists who have had previous residency opportunities.
The Artist-in-Residence program at Bundanon Trust is made possible through the financial support of public funding and individual donors. However this funding does not cover the full cost of the program.
Applications for 2019 residencies are now open and close on Monday 18th June 2018. You will be notified of the result in late August 2018.
Photo: David Vargna, 2016