2018 Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize
Established in 2001, the Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize attracts strong support from artists, collectors and critics and is the first national acquisitive prize for an original, freestanding sculpture of up to 80cm in any dimension.
Over 500 entries from Australian and international artists are received annually and approximately 45 finalists' works are exhibited at the historic Woollahra Council Chambers in Double Bay, Sydney, Australia.
Prizes totalling AUD $24,000 include:
- The Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize – an acquisitive award of $20,000 (Woollahra Council will keep the winning work)
- The Special Commendation – a non-acquisitive award of $2,000
- The Mayor's Award – a non-acquisitive award of $1,000
- The Viewers' Choice – a non-acquisitive award of $1,000
- Entries open: 1 April 2018
- Entries close: 6 July 2018
- Finalists notified by early August 2018
- Exhibition of finalists launching on 19 October 2018
- Exhibition continues to 11 November 2018
Image: Julia deVille, Sorrow. stillborn deer, glass, antique platter, rubies 0.35ct, enamel paint. 56 x 35 x 15 cm. Winner of the 2013 Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize and Viewers' Choice Award.