Calling Artists for Public Art Paste Ups in Narrandera
Narrandera Shire Council is calling for Expressions of Interest from Artists to develop a high quality work of public art for the northern wall (facing Bolton Street) of 108 East Street, Narrandera.
The artwork is imagined as a number of paste-ups to represent the Superb Parrot. Artists own photography and fine art or a combination of the two may be used in the creation of the work. The work is not intended to cover the wall in total, and may be comprised of a number of separate images of varying size to make up the whole.
The section of the wall on which the artwork will be located measures 20 metres x 2 metres (shown in images below) and interrupted by a door and canopy. The parapet should not be considered part of the site. The lowest point of the artwork should be no less than 2.5 metres above pavement level. Please see site photos below.
To be considered for this project artists should submit:
- A brief response to the project opportunity including a clear indication of total concept
- A CV of no more than 2 pages which includes your name and contact details
- Up to 10 images of previous relevant work, labelled with your: name, title, medium and date
Expressions of interest will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Artistic merit
- Capacity to enliven and enhance the wall
- Capacity to appeal to a diverse audience
- Expected lifespan of pasteups
- Value for money
- Public Liability Insurance $20million - please attach Certificate of Currency to your Expression of Interest
- A template setting out the proposed arrangement and size of final paste ups (images)
- Images provided to Council in highest resolution possible JPEG at 6000 DPI (suitable to be printed on maximum A0 sized 80GSM paper)
- Files to be provided in black and white
- Installation of artwork at 108 East Street by 23 June 2017
- Permission for unlimited use of the images and files (the artwork) for future paste-ups in Narrandera
Artist Fee and materials for this contract is $5000 (Fee must cover all expenses involved in creating work, providing files, printing and pasting up. Costs associated with travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the Artist.)
Council will provide approved work platform for installation for your install.
Expressions of Interest close: Thursday 4 May 2017 (please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org attention Julie Briggs if you should need an extension!)
Artist notified Thursday 11 May 2017
First iteration of artwork to be completed by 23 June 2017
w: www.narrandera.nsw.gov.au t: 02 6959 5510 e: email@example.com
Please submit your Expression of Interest to: (email is acceptable)
Narrandera Shire Council
141 East Street, Narrandera NSW 2700
The art work can span both spaces but will need to be below the cream parapet and no lower than 3.0 metres above the pavement. The wall is approximately 5.5 metres high so the work will be confined to the top 2.5 metres. The theme has been chosen so that multiple paste ups of varying size can make up the complete artwork. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org attention Julie Briggs for a sketch indicating measurements.