Young Regional Artists Scholarships - APPLY NOW!
The NSW State Government is offering 15 scholarships for young, regional artists and cultural workers to undertake exciting and career-making professional development opportunities.
Scholarships are open to artists and performers from all art forms, including dance, design, digital arts, history, Aboriginal arts, literature, music, theatre, screen, curatorial and the visual arts.
Scholarships are worth $10,000 and include a professional development networking program which takes place in Sydney in late 2017.
Applications OPEN: 5 December 2016
Applications CLOSE: 20 February 2017 (5pm, AEST – Sydney time)
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be aged between 18-25 on 1 May 2017 (this is the eligible start date of the program)
- be a resident of regional NSW* (this is defined as being resident for at least 12 months prior to making an application)
- propose a program of artistic professional development
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident.
Types of activities funded:
Activities could include a combination of:
- mentorships or internships with recognised arts organisations
- residencies at institutions/organisations
- short-term courses, workshops or other training (note: the Scholarship is not available to support study which will result in formal tertiary qualification such as a degree)
- creation of new work
- periods of research and development
- skills development
Work experience opportunity
A number of arts organisations and festivals have agreed to host Scholarship recipients for work experience. Applicants are encouraged to consider including a residency, mentorship or internship with one of these.
Details of the mentorship, residency or internship must be included in your application.
A list of organisations that have agreed to offer work experience opportunities and their contact details are located in the downloadable Frequently Asked Questions document.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before starting your application.
To apply, you must submit a completed online application form and the required support material. Applications must be submitted through the Arts NSW online application system available from 5 December.
As soon as you begin an application, Arts NSW will be in touch to provide information to help you plan your scholarship program and complete your application.
Find out what the 2015 recipients off the Young Regional Artists Scholarship have to say about the program.