Griffith Regional Art Gallery "FLOWER POWER" - be part of it!
Spring is finally here, the first vivid flowers are blooming and what a beautiful sight it is. Definitely time to put this delicate creation of nature in the spotlight and celebrate FLOWER POWER at the Griffith Regional Art Gallery. The annual community exhibition will be on from Saturday 17 September to Sunday 16 October and will coincide with the towns popular Festival of the Gardens.
And YOU can be a part of it!
Griffith Regional Art Gallery is inviting all local artists to enter up to two works in any medium (painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture, etc) based on the theme "Brighter is better". The artworks and entry forms need to be handed in by Saturday 10 September and a number of awards will be given to outstanding artworks.
HOW TO ENTER:
Drop off your completed entry form and artwork/s to Griffith Regional Art Gallery on Saturday 10 September 2016 between 10am and 5pm. When you deliver you will be required to pay entry fee of $5 (per artwork) to the Gallery. All work must be presented ready to be hung.
- include D-rings on the back of your work for hanging
- carefully read and complete all components of the entry form, including the terms and conditions.
- $5 entry fee (per entry).
- put the artist/s name/s and title of the artwork on the back or underside of the artwork.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Artworks and completed entry forms to be delivered to Art Gallery by Saturday 10 September 2016
- Exhibition opening Saturday 17 September at 11am (closes Sunday 16 October 2016)
- All artworks must be collected no later than Sunday 23 October 2016
NANCY SAINTY ENCOURAGEMENT AWARDS
Is open to all students from Preschool to Year 12 aimed to encourage and develop young artists. The awards will be judged by the Sainty family. A number of awards will be given:
- 3 x preschool highly commended certificates
- $50 creative arts materials pack of a junior primary school student (K - Years 4)
- $100 creative arts materials pack for senior primary school student (years 5&6)
- $100 creative arts materials pack for junior high school students (Years 7 - 10)
- $100 creative arts materials pack for senior high school student (years 11&12)
THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
The People’s Choice Award will run for the duration of the exhibition giving the exhibition visitors the chance to vote for their favourite artwork. Votes will be collected throughout the exhibition and collated at the close of the exhibition. The winner will receive a Griffith Regional Theatre 2017 membership, a double pass to one of the season shows of their choice, and a solo exhibition at the ArtSpace at Griffith Regional Theatre in 2017.
Interested? Fill out the entry form now and be a part of FLOWER POWER - Brighter is better!