Artists with Disabilty Fellowship by Arts NSW
The Artist with Disability Fellowship is offered by Arts NSW, in collaboration with Accessible Arts, to enable a professional NSW artist with disability to undertake a self-directed program of professional development.
The purpose of the Fellowship is to assist a mid-career and or established artist to build on their experience and consider significant activities and opportunities to support both professional development and career advancement. The program of professional development is to enable the development of skills, knowledge and networks, including through facilitated formal or informal learning opportunities and through the creation of new work.
The Fellowship is open to artists working in any artform including dance, music, theatre, visual arts, writing, hybrid/interdisciplinary arts and screen content.
The Fellowship recipient will be awarded $30,000.
Applications open 20 September 2016 and will close 5pm (AEDT Sydney) Monday, 19 December 2016. The recipient of the Fellowship will be announced in May 2017.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply you must:
- identify as a mid-career/established professional artist
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident, and
- be a NSW resident (which is defined as residing in NSW for at least 12 months prior to making your application).
What can be funded?
Types of activities that could be funded include:
- travel (international and/or national)
- mentorships or internships with recognised practitioners or organisations
- residencies at institutions/organisations
- short-term courses, workshops or other training
- research and development
- creation of new work
- access requirements associated with undertaking professional elements of the Fellowship, for example, a personal assistant, Auslan interpreters or audio description
- any combination of the above.
Before you apply, please read the 2017 Artist with Disability Fellowship Guidelines and frequently asked questions documents for more comprehensive information, including special eligibility requirements and assessment criteria for this funding category.
- 2017 Artist with Disability Fellowship Guidelines (PDF, Word)
- 2017 Artist with Disability Fellowship Frequently Asked Questions (PDF,Word).
To apply for funding through this Fellowship program you will need to complete and submit the relevant application form on the Arts NSW online application system.
If you have any further questions or need help with your application do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help!