The History of Narrandera in 8 & ½ Objects Project is a Create NSW CASP (Country Arts Support Program) funded project that is an exploration of the rich stories that make up the extraordinary history of Narrandera.
Two regional artists- Nina O’Brien (Photographer) and Kate Rotherham (Creative Writer) start work with the Narrandera community in May at the invitation of the Narrandera Parkside Cottage Musuem. The artists will undertake the telling of stories for significant objects in the museum, eight objects have been pre-selected for inclusion due to their significance and a ninth object will be chosen by the artists when on site. This work will culminate in unique creative interpretation of key Narrandera stories that will feature in an exhibition later this year.
- Event: Creative Writing and Object Stories
- When: Saturday 5th May 9.30am -11.30am
Join the Narrandera Parkside Museum’s writer-in-residence Kate Rotherham for a morning getting in touch with our inner writer (while learning how to silence our inner writing critic!) with a special focus on writing interpretation of museum objects. This will be a supportive, hands-on workshop designed to increase your writing confidence. Please bring along your writing materials and a photo or personal item that is special to you. Entry is free but numbers are limited so bookings are essential.
- Location: Arts Hub @ The Station, Whitton Street, Narrandera
- Contact: Barbara Byron 0400 346 043
- Event: Object Stories & Photography
- When: Saturday 5th May 2pm - 4pm
Come down to the Narrandera Parkside Musuem and join photographer Nina O’Brien to learn the art of object storytelling by photography. This is a hands on workshop where you are invite to bring along your smart phone/ camera/ whatever photographic equipment you have available and join Nina in a casual environment- observing her documenting objects and receiving practical tips and support on making the most of what you have available! Beginners are welcome!
- Entry is free but numbers are limited so bookings are essential.
- Location: Narrandera Parkside Museum, 28 Twynam Street, Narrandera
- Contact:Barbara Byron 0400 346 043
- Maximum Numbers for workshop are 12